More "Quantum Computer" silliness

Go down

More "Quantum Computer" silliness Empty More "Quantum Computer" silliness

Post by Jared Magneson on Sun May 27, 2018 2:29 am

This time, they've claimed to have simulated a deuteron... Complete with a terrible CGI rendering to go along with the story.

More "Quantum Computer" silliness 180523133216_1_900x600

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180523133216.htm

They've got a printed circuit smaller than baryons in the background of course. But where the brain-stirring gets to be too much for me is here:

At the completion of the project, the team's results on two and three qubits were within 2 and 3 percent, respectively, of the correct answer on a classical computer, and the quantum computation became the first of its kind in the nuclear physics community.

So their results were only ~98.5% accurate to the classical computer's results, but somehow the "quantum computation" is the first of its kind in the community? Even though they had to have run it on the classical computer previously, to even know how close they were getting? So it gets the wrong answer in a math problem and that's supposed to be a good thing, basically.

Poppycock. Just venting a bit. I see this stuff all over but this one really stood out.

Jared Magneson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

More "Quantum Computer" silliness Empty Re: More "Quantum Computer" silliness

Post by Cr6 on Sun May 27, 2018 3:14 am

Yeah..exactly... I think of the budgets involved in these types of "discoveries" and just shake my head. Must be reams of money wasted on that 2.5%.

Cr6
Admin

View user profile http://milesmathis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jared Magneson on Sun May 27, 2018 3:32 am

Right? They're still using the wrong quanta, and the results are a complete noisy mess.

How much "noise" do you think is involved in my simulations or Nevyn's 3D apps? Wink

Jared Magneson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum