Miles Mathis' Charge Field
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How's this Video for explaining Electric Currents?

2 posters

Go down

currents - How's this Video for explaining Electric Currents? Empty How's this Video for explaining Electric Currents?

Post by Lloyd Wed May 11, 2022 6:14 pm

The title is How Electricity Actually Works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI_X2cMHNe0

It credits the electric field rather than electrons as the source of electrical energy. It says positive charges line up on one side of the circuit and electrons on the other side. Does that seem to be correct?

It doesn't say that photons are the electric field, but the explanation sounds to me like it's close to correct. Yes? No?

Lloyd

Chromium6 likes this post

Back to top Go down

currents - How's this Video for explaining Electric Currents? Empty Re: How's this Video for explaining Electric Currents?

Post by LongtimeAirman Thu May 12, 2022 12:33 am

Lloyd, The youtube video you cited is a follow-up to Derek Muller’s previous Veritasium video, The Big Misconception About Electricity. 14,189,710 views Nov 19, 2021. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHIhgxav9LY
In that video’s reference section Derek cites:
Sefton, I. M. (2002). Understanding electricity and circuits: What the text books don’t tell you. In Science Teachers’ Workshop -- https://ve42.co/Sefton  

Miles has written the paper, How a Battery Circuit Works * using Sefton’s paper as a starting point. In his intro paragraph, Miles wrote.
A reader sent me a link to an article from 2002 by Ian Sefton of University of Sydney, who tries to explain how a circuit works. This article is part of a Science Teacher's Workshop, and I must imagine that it is quite helpful in some ways, since it clears up a few longstanding and wide-ranging misunderstandings. However, Sefton's explanation of the circuit is still not mechanical, as I think he would admit. In this paper, I will clarify the circuit even further, by showing that it is the motion of photons, not electrons, that creates it. As we proceed, remember that all I say applies only to the battery circuit. We have lots of electric circuits, and it turns out we have to analyze each one separately. Some things will be the same, some things will be different.

Airman. So Miles chose Sefton’s paper because its a relatively good start, but not a complete mechanical description.   

Lloyd wrote. It credits the electric field rather than electrons as the source of electrical energy. It says positive charges line up on one side of the circuit and electrons on the other side. Does that seem to be correct?
Airman. I’d say Derek credits both the electric field within the wire, as well as the charge distribution on the wire’s surface. Derek also admits that after the switch is closed the "magnetic field" expands and extends beyond the wires resulting in an instantaneous circuit current. The wires behave like a transmission line. I get the strong impression Derek read Miles' paper as well as Sefton's.

Lloyd wrote. It doesn't say that photons are the electric field, but the explanation sounds to me like it's close to correct. Yes? No?
Airman. I’d agree, Derek’s explanation is closer to correct compared to most mainstream explanations. Of course, as Miles explains - in depth, the circuit isn’t being driven by an electric field, but by the charge field.

126. How a Battery Circuit Works
http://milesmathis.com/seft.pdf
Not the mathematical or field model, but the full mechanical model, with photons. 9pp.

LongtimeAirman
Admin

Chromium6 likes this post

Back to top Go down

currents - How's this Video for explaining Electric Currents? Empty Re: How's this Video for explaining Electric Currents?

Post by Lloyd Tue May 17, 2022 11:30 am

Thanks for the comments, Airman. Maybe I'll get time to discuss this in some detail before long. I just quit my full-time job yesterday, so I should have more time for such things, but the ruling class is keeping everyone busy trying to adapt to the constant increasingly severe societal changes they're throwing at us. I hear that the U.S. is now selling a lot of our petroleum to Europe due to it being no longer available from Russia. So we're going to have extreme shortages here soon, jacking the prices up to $10 a gallon for gas & diesel.

Lloyd

Back to top Go down

Post by LongtimeAirman Fri May 20, 2022 3:42 pm

I'd be happy to discuss the circuit when you find the time. I agree, the world’s current environmental, societal and political changes can be overwhelming. It would be a relief if science were to show any positive changes. I happen to believe the more people realize major changes are upon us the better. Remember retirement isn’t for the weak, stay positive and keep adapting. Good luck with your post career life.

LongtimeAirman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down