Miles Mathis' Charge Field
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prosperity Simulation?

3 posters

Go down

Prosperity Simulation? Empty Prosperity Simulation?

Post by LloydK Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:36 pm

We should all want to promote prosperity for all, because we'd all have more resources to do many more things we want to do, like science.

I've been reading Modern Money Theory and economist Michael Hudson for a few years and Sovereign Money more recently and then most recently Elizabeth Harris, who seems to be in the Sovereign Money camp. Her views seem the most sensible to me. She has a blog at https://monetarysov.wordpress.com and I left this comment at https://monetarysov.wordpress.com/2017/07/17/daily-hygiene/comment-page-1/#comment-1165 :

"Elizabeth, I think computer simulations should be the most persuasive argument for your thesis. You mentioned Monaco recently. A small country like Monaco might be good to use in a simulation (You will be, uh, simulated!).

The simulation could demonstrate:
1. the difference in effects of laws that allow and disallow creating money;
2. what policies lead to wide income gaps;
3. what policies and conditions lead to deflation, inflation, hyperinflation and stagflation;
4. what policies lead to prosperity for all;
5. effects of counterfeiting; etc.

Let's look for competent programmers. Shall we?"

Are any of you guys willing to discuss or perhaps do such simulations? Or can you recommend someone? If you don't want to do it out of curiosity etc, what would be the minimum amount of payment you'd like to receive for it?

LloydK

Back to top Go down

Prosperity Simulation? Empty Re: Prosperity Simulation?

Post by LongtimeAirman Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Payment! Promoting prosperity!

Sorry Lloyd, Paying attention to politics is bad enough, I've got exactly zero knowledge or expertise in this area. Are you working for the Ministry of World Science?

LongtimeAirman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cr6 Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:54 pm

In finance be careful of algorithm programmers Lloyd.... they tweak everything in their favor.

Cr6
Admin

https://milesmathis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LloydK Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:17 am

No, I don't work for Ministers, Airman. That I know of.

I guess I need to look up economics programs.

Elizabeth had a recent blog using the game, Monopoly, to help explain monetary sovereignty economics. I don't know how good a simulation that game would or could make.

Thanks for the heads up on finance algorithm programmers, Cr.

LloydK

Back to top Go down

Post by LloydK Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:42 pm

I find these programs listed. R was mentioned early in the post. I think that's one that you guys use.

https://economics.stackexchange.com/questions/5853/most-common-programs-used-by-economists

For Statistical Analysis: Stata, EViews (BTW, used by FED), Statistica (former Statsoft, currently Dell), Statgraphics; + Free: R (R Studio as IDE), GNU Gretl for free-riders
   …Oh, SAS/Stat and IBM SPSS, and plenty of Oracle stuff for completeness.
   + Excel add-ins, like XLStat.
   Algebraic packages: Matlab backed by Simulink vs Mathematica backed by SystemModeler (less so for Economics). Some people indeed use Maple. + Free aforementioned Octave.
   Must-to-know-the-basics: Excel VBA and a whole lot of Excel add-ins (like NodeXL for networks - may be not that much used but nice).
   BTW, for networks see also Ucinet.
   Some general purpose languages: Python, including packages like Pandas, Scipy, Numpy, IPython, Theano etc. (imho, better to use in bundles like Anaconda etc.)
   May be, C++ or Java as object-oriented languages (just to mention).
   Databases: relational MySQL and recently coming modern NoSQL solutions like MongoDB (nice with Python).
   BigData: Hadoop + Haskell as a functional programming language (actively used in finances).
   Dynamic modelling: Vensim and a whole lot of dynamic modelling software.

Just for more focused issues:

For impact analysis: IMPLAN, REMI, to name a few.
   For DSGE: Dynare backed by GNU Octave
   For spatial (GIS) analysis: Esri ArcGIS vs MapInfo
   For Agent-based modelling: NetLogo.
   For Game theory: Gambit (TTBOMK written in Python).
   For Experimental economics: ZTree.

That's a lot of programs. I think Python is like Logo, which I could probably understand better than most of the others.

LloydK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down