Miles Mathis' Charge Field
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nevyns-lab.com is down

5 posters

Go down

nevyns-lab.com is down Empty nevyns-lab.com is down

Post by Etc Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:47 pm

Nevyn's site currently redirects to a domain for sale page. The Wayback Machine last crawled the site on October the 21st. Unfortunately, the Wayback Machine has only archived the site's index pages and none of the tools will load.

Quite a shock and there doesn't seem to be a mention of it here. Am I the only person who checked Nevyn's site during the last two months?

Etc

Back to top Go down

nevyns-lab.com is down Empty Re: nevyns-lab.com is down

Post by LongtimeAirman Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:36 pm

That is a shock. I haven’t been to Nevyn's Lab since October. Nevyn hasn’t posted here in months, the last time he logged in on 30 October. I assumed he was angry at something and didn't want to pry. I just tried sending him a message.

LongtimeAirman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LongtimeAirman Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:23 pm

Nevyn's return message indicated he wasn't angry, he needed a break. Good luck to us all.

LongtimeAirman
Admin

Chromium6 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Etc Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:42 am

That's good to know.

Etc

Back to top Go down

Post by mrspock173 Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:34 pm

I was wondering, could someone ask Nevyn to upload the website's code to Github, or otherwise share it with us somehow? If that is done we could run it locally on each machine after downloading the code, without the need to pay a hosting provider. I really liked Nevyn's Lab, and I only fully realized how indispensable it is when reading Miles's chemistry papers when it was gone.

mrspock173

Back to top Go down

Post by Nevyn Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:50 pm

Unfortunately, it isn't that simple.

The site requires an Apache web server running PHP, a MySQL database, and may rely on the domain name if I used any absolute URLs in there somewhere (I usually try to avoid them, but they slip in from time to time through laziness and sometimes necessity). While some of my apps can run stand-alone (just from the file system), most require a web server to host them because of the texture images used which must be served by a web server configured to allow it (if you know what CORS is, then you know why). Even the interactive papers and calculators sections require PHP and a database.

Sorry, it just isn't feasible.
Nevyn
Nevyn
Admin

http://www.nevyns-lab.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrspock173 Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:29 pm

Oh well. Here's to hoping you can return to us soon! I can definitely understand needing a break.

mrspock173

Back to top Go down

nevyns-lab.com is down Empty Rehost

Post by Oneil Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:37 pm

Hi Nevyn,

If you share the server content/configuration and database configuration, I can rehost your website.

Oneil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum