Miles Mathis' Charge Field
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surface Plasmon Resonance

Go down

Surface Plasmon Resonance Empty Surface Plasmon Resonance

Post by Chromium6 Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:42 pm

Surface Plasmon Resonance

by Miles Mathis

First published February 9, 2021
As with other examples of solid state physics—which I call fudge state physics—the explanation of
this phenomenon is a mess. At the fundamental level, it relies on the old Drude-Sommerfeld model—
which I have destroyed there—so we already know it can't be right. We also know that immediately
due to the fake entities created: plasmon and polariton. At a glance, those terms would seem to apply to particles, since they end in “on” like photon and proton. But they aren't particles. The mainstream
admits they are traveling EM waves. Meaning, they are just field characteristics or outcomes, and
can't possibly explain anything as a matter of theory. To say it another way, they are results. Giving
these field results particle names can only be perverse, since it implies a physical solution when there isn't one.

But it is more than that, because we see a theoretical mismatch between the plasmon here and in other
places. In SPR theory, they tell us a plasmon is an EM wave, or more precisely an electron density
wave. But if we search on plasmon separately, we are told it is the quantum of plasma oscillation.
What does that mean? Basically nothing. It is more QM gobbledygook, since it is followed by this:
Just as light (an optical oscillation) consists of photons, the plasma oscillation consists of
plasmons. The plasmon can be considered as a quasiparticle since it arises from the quantization
of plasma oscillations, just like phonons are quantizations of mechanical vibrations. Thus,
plasmons are collective (a discrete number) oscillations of the free electron gas density. For
example, at optical frequencies, plasmons can couple with a photon to create another quasiparticle
called a plasmon polariton.

Just awful. That isn't physics by any stretch of the imagination. Does anyone honestly think it is?

According to that explanation, a plasmon is neither a particle nor a wave; and since it is a
quasiparticle, that means it doesn't even exist in real space. It exists only in these crack-brained
theories and models, and in the fuzzy minds of physicists who think “light is an optical oscillation”—or who try to make you think that it is. I have news for them: Light isn't an optical oscillation. The
photon is absolutely not the quantization of optical oscillations.

http://milesmathis.com/spr.pdf more at link...

Chromium6

Back to top Go down

Surface Plasmon Resonance Empty Re: Surface Plasmon Resonance

Post by Chromium6 Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:47 pm

This paper got me thinking that the study of anisotropy in certain fields could be clarified with the charge field.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropy

Chromium6

Back to top Go down