Miles Mathis' Charge Field
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magnetic levitation and the Halbach Array explained mechanically

3 posters

Go down

Magnetic levitation and the Halbach Array  explained mechanically Empty Magnetic levitation and the Halbach Array explained mechanically

Post by D_Archer Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:55 am

Hi,

I made a paper about the Halbach Array, it is published on the Miles science site with additions by Miles:
http://milesmathis.com/halbach.pdf

I am really interested in ways to use the charge field for physical applications, if we know how it work we can make designs that are better... i am already thinking on how to make an even better Halbach Array...

Regards,
Daniel

D_Archer

Chromium6 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Magnetic levitation and the Halbach Array  explained mechanically Empty Re: Magnetic levitation and the Halbach Array explained mechanically

Post by LongtimeAirman Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:43 pm

Congratulations Daniel. Magnetic levitation and the Halbach Array explained mechanically is a most excellent subject and paper. I’ve only re-read it once, but I’ve placed it near the top of the chart, necessary reading for a better understanding of the charge field. For example, your explanation of how the array channels charge sideways into the main downward channels makes perfect sense, and Yes, charge is always channeled BOTH ways - is something I constantly remind myself. Miles complemented your explanations well, giving us all a richer view of magnetism – charge field spin.

I found one point of where I we may disagree.
Daniel wrote.
ie the Halbach array spinning means the photons are hitting the copper plate more and more, thus the device is pushing itself up against the copper plate. The copper plate is (sort of) the wing in this case.

This increasing charge density between the plate and the Halbach array heats up the copper plate, the copper plate gets hot, proving once again that charge (photon density) is heat.
Airman. Undoutedly, the downward and not so downward photons from the spinning Halbach array are heating the copper plate, but beyond increasing the number and energy levels of photons between the array and the copper surface, I do not believe that that copper surface heating directly adds to lift felt by the array. It seems to me the only lift the spinning array can feel is due to upwardly traveling photons striking the array.

On the other hand, Miles wrote.
But given the current diagrams, you completely miss that.
Because of the way the small vectors are looped back on top, you forget that this array would pull charge strongly from the ambient field above.

Once that pull is achieved, the main charge channels are defined by that, not by the internal channels. The ambient field on the Earth is very powerful, and charge coming down is a large fraction of charge coming up, as we know

Airman. So besides enhancing lift, resulting from an increased number of photon collisions up from below, the spinning Halback array creates a region of reduced charge – less resistance – striking the array from above. Also, the vertically colliding photons between the surface and the array are being spun-up, ...  It definitely requires more thought.

Daniel wrote.
i am already thinking on how to make an even better Halbach Array...

Airman. I’m sure you can. I’ll try throwing out some ideas, like improving frisbee technology by fashioning the frisbee’s flat top surface out of a Halbach array. Besides more powerful magnets, how about thicker magnets? How about placing many streamlined (thin) Halbach arrays on the bottom of aircraft’s lift surfaces, do they need to be flipped when crossing the equator? Or create the circular array with the same radius and rotation rate but a greatly increased number of much thinner magnets - high frequency Halbach arrays. Or how about more than one Halbach layer? Is there any chance electromagnets and electronic controls can do the same thing?

Thanks Daniel.

LongtimeAirman
Admin

D_Archer and Chromium6 like this post

Back to top Go down

Magnetic levitation and the Halbach Array  explained mechanically Empty Re: Magnetic levitation and the Halbach Array explained mechanically

Post by Chromium6 Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:10 pm

A related interesting paper:

http://nano.ee.uh.edu/Publication/Bao-98.pdf

Graphene levitation and orientation control using a magnetic field

Chao Niu,1 Feng Lin,2,3 Zhiming M. Wang,3,4 Jiming Bao,2,3,5 and Jonathan Hu1,a)
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Baylor University, Waco, Texas 76798, USA
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Houston, Houston, Texas 77204, USA
Institute of Fundamental and Frontier Sciences, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China,
Chengdu, Sichuan 610054, China
State Key Laboratory of Electronic Thin Films and Integrated Devices, University of Electronic Science and
Technology of China, Chengdu, Sichuan 610054, China

Materials Science and Engineering, University of Houston, Houston, Texas 77204, USA
(Received 18 September 2017; accepted 26 December 2017; published online 23 January 2018)
This paper studies graphene levitation and orientation control using a magnetic field. The torques

in all three spatial directions induced by diamagnetic forces are used to predict stable conditions
for different shapes of millimeter-sized graphite plates. We find that graphite plates, in regular
polygon shapes with an even number of sides, will be levitated in a stable manner above four
interleaved permanent magnets. In addition, the orientation of micrometer-sized graphene flakes
near a permanent magnet is studied in both air and liquid environments. Using these analyses, we
are able to simulate optical transmission and reflection on a writing board and thereby reveal
potential applications using this technology for display screens. Understanding the control of gra-
phene flake orientation will lead to the discovery of future applications using graphene flakes.
Published by AIP Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5005539

Chromium6

Back to top Go down

Post by D_Archer Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:51 am

LongtimeAirman wrote:.
Congratulations Daniel. Magnetic levitation and the Halbach Array explained mechanically is a most excellent subject and paper. I’ve only re-read it once, but I’ve placed it near the top of the chart, necessary reading for a better understanding of the charge field. For example, your explanation of how the array channels charge sideways into the main downward channels makes perfect sense, and Yes, charge is always channeled BOTH ways - is something I constantly remind myself. Miles complemented your explanations well, giving us all a richer view of magnetism – charge field spin.

I found one point of where I we may disagree.
Daniel wrote.
ie the Halbach array spinning means the photons are hitting the copper plate more and more, thus the device is pushing itself up against the copper plate. The copper plate is (sort of) the wing in this case.

This increasing charge density between the plate and the Halbach array heats up the copper plate, the copper plate gets hot, proving once again that charge (photon density) is heat.
Airman. Undoutedly, the downward and not so downward photons from the spinning Halbach array are heating the copper plate, but beyond increasing the number and energy levels of photons between the array and the copper surface, I do not believe that that copper surface heating directly adds to lift felt by the array. It seems to me the only lift the spinning array can feel is due to upwardly traveling photons striking the array.

No, indeed the heating does not add to the lift, i don't think i made that point, i just hinted to the fact that the array has photons going down into the plate, the lift is caused sliglty by striking the plate and as Miles says also mostly by photon-photon hits at the tangent and making this a magnetic effect because photon spin is involved. Miles emphasized the photon field is everywhere and i sort of did not stress that, i thought it was implied. I now see that the Halbach Array creates a vortex on top, the spin of the array causes a vortex which makes more ambient photons go IN from above.

On the other hand, Miles wrote.
But given the current diagrams, you completely miss that.
Because of the way the small vectors are looped back on top, you forget that this array would pull charge strongly from the ambient field above.

Once that pull is achieved, the main charge channels are defined by that, not by the internal channels. The ambient field on the Earth is very powerful, and charge coming down is a large fraction of charge coming up, as we know

Indeed.

Airman. So besides enhancing lift, resulting from an increased number of photon collisions up from below, the spinning Halback array creates a region of reduced charge – less resistance – striking the array from above. Also, the vertically colliding photons between the surface and the array are being spun-up, ...  It definitely requires more thought.

Daniel wrote.
i am already thinking on how to make an even better Halbach Array...

Airman. I’m sure you can. I’ll try throwing out some ideas, like improving frisbee technology by fashioning the frisbee’s flat top surface out of a Halbach array. Besides more powerful magnets, how about thicker magnets? How about placing many streamlined (thin) Halbach arrays on the bottom of aircraft’s lift surfaces, do they need to be flipped when crossing the equator? Or create the circular array with the same radius and rotation rate but a greatly increased number of much thinner magnets - high frequency Halbach arrays. Or how about more than one Halbach layer? Is there any chance electromagnets and electronic controls can do the same thing?

Thanks Daniel.

I was dreaming last night about this, how to make a stronger array, as with Miles physical atom/molecule structure, maybe there is a better Halbach Array, more magnets, thicker and thinner magnets etc.

Also  flying saucers! ha :-) , no really, they have the spin and some of the retro engineering shows they use the charge field, i guess they create a vortex, channeling in charge from above and releasing below.

The 3 spheres below create stability and direction to the photon outflow (maaaybe):

Magnetic levitation and the Halbach Array  explained mechanically Overlay_0

Regards,
Daniel

D_Archer

Chromium6 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down